South Saskatchewan Regional Plan (SSRP):
- Long range, strategic level plan.
- Sets broad management objectives and guidelines.
- Guides management and resource allocation.
- Uses a zoning system to assist managers in decision making.
- Generally mapped to a 1:100000 scale.
Detailed Forest Management Plan (DFMP):
- Focuses on lands available for timber harvesting as defined by the IRPs.
- Defines the net productive forest land base.
- Defines an Annual Allowable Cut (harvest level) based on a blend of social, environmental and economic values.
- Harvest level established based on a 200 year planning horizon.
- Harvest sequence established for a 20 year period.
- DFMP is renewed every 10 years.
General Development Plan (GDP):
- Rolling five year plan.
- Guided by the harvest sequence in the DFMP.
- Schedule of harvest area sequencing and road construction planning.
- Used to identify issues, other resource values and stakeholders specific to the harvest areas.
Forest Harvest Plan (FHP):
- Details integration of operations with other forest users both industrial and recreationists.
- Access management, sensitive sites, road design, wildlife management, insect, disease, fire and silviculture plans are outlined.
- Block Maps are provided with volume and area tables.
- Variance monitoring is completed.
- The plan is validated by a licensed professional forester and submitted to the government for approval.
Annual Operating Plan (AOP):
- Schedule of blocks to be harvested in the next year.
- Final map of approved harvest design – 1:20000 scale.
- Fire Control supplement, Silviculture component, and Road construction, maintenance and abandonment plan.