In an effort to provide opportunities for meaningful participation, early in the operational planning process, SLS is offering a collaborative stakeholder planning session. SLS values stakeholder input and wants to provide opportunities for collaboration to improve operational plans.
There will be 2 sessions, one for each compartment.
The Grease Creek planning session will be held on April 29, 2014 at the Spray Lake Sawmills office in Cochrane, starting at 10:00 AM until approximately 5:00 PM with an hour for lunch (not provided). See the attached compartment map for location details.
The B9 Quota planning session will be held on May 1, 2014 at the Spray Lake Sawmills office in Cochrane, starting at 10:00 AM until approximately 5:00 PM with an hour for lunch (not provided). See the attached compartment map for location details.
If you are interested in participating please email your RSVP to email@example.com by April 25, 2014.
If you would like to contribute to the planning but are unable to make the session please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond and alternative arrangements can be made.
The following topics will be addressed in each session:
- Identification of stakeholder values in the area
- Specific values (ex: specific campground)
- General values (ex: water quality)
- Spray Lake Sawmill’s objectives of harvesting in the area
- Ex: Volume of timber, Mountain Pine Beetle, Forest Management Plan, Wildfire mitigation, etc….
- Together, SLS and stakeholders will review SHS maps and discuss preliminary cutblocks
- Where possible SLS and stakeholders will draw preliminary cutblock boundaries and roads
- Work together to develop mitigations
- Discuss harvest timing, access, and other issues
Please note, these sessions are specifically scheduled for planning upcoming harvest operations for their respective compartments. This is not an appropriate venue for discussing broad forest management practices such as operating ground Rules, land use planning or concerns outside of the indicated compartments. Please contact SLS at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the session.
See the following link to view the Planning Area Map