Spray Lake Sawmills (SLS) is inviting stakeholders to take part in a collaborative planning session for the McLean Creek and Ghost River Compartments.
In an effort to provide opportunities for meaningful participation, early in the operational planning process, SLS is piloting a collaborative stakeholder planning session. SLS values stakeholder input and wants to provide opportunities for collaboration to improve operational plans.
There will be 2 sessions, one for each compartment.
The Mclean Creek planning session will be held on September 4, 2013 at the Spray Lake Sawmills office in Cochrane, starting at 9:00 AM till approximately 5:00 PM with an hour for lunch (not provided). See the attached compartment map for location details.
The Ghost River planning session will be held on September 10, 2013 at the Spray Lake Sawmills office in Cochrane, starting at 9:00 AM till approximately 5:00 PM with an hour for lunch (not provided). See the attached compartment map for location details.
If you are interested in participating please email your RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Aug 30, 2013.
The following topics will be addressed in each session:
- Identification of stakeholder values in the area
- Specific values (ex: specific campground)
- General values (ex: water quality)
- Spray Lake Sawmill’s objectives of harvesting in the area
- Ex: Volume of timber, Mountain Pine Beetle, Forest Management Plan, Wildfire mitigation, etc….
- Together, SLS and stakeholders will review maps and discuss the preliminary cutblocks as indicated by the Spatial Harvest Sequence
- Where possible SLS and stakeholders will draw preliminary cutblock boundaries and roads
- Work together to develop mitigations
- Discuss harvest timing, access, and other issues
Please note, these sessions are specifically scheduled for planning upcoming harvest operations for their respective compartments. This is not an appropriate venue for discussing broad forest management practices such as Operating ground Rules, land use planning or concerns outside of the compartments. Please contact SLS at email@example.com with any questions. We are looking forward to seeing you at the session.
Click Here to Download a copy of this in PDF form.