SLS will ensure that our operations are conducted with the highest consideration for environmental safeguard, due diligence and continual improvement.
It is the responsibility of the Environmental Coordinator to:
- Communicate the requirements of the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, regulations and guidelines to the President, Supervisors and key staff.
- Manage on-site activities to meet or exceed the regulated requirements and conditions of our Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement approvals.
- Monitor emissions as outlined in our operating licences.
- Report and communicate with Alberta Environmental Protection.
It is the responsibility of all Mangers, Supervisors and key staff to ensure that:
- Daily activites of employees and contractors comply with the requirements of our operating approvals and the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act.
- Operating emissions are monitored and ensure that they conform to our operating approvals.
- Any issues are reported to the Environmental Coordinator.
It is the responsibility of all employees to:
- Look for potential environmental hazards and notify company management of that hazard.
- Provide suggestions involving was reduction, recovery, reuse and recycling.
- Report any releases.
We will be proactive to:
- Reduce, recover, reuse, recycle.
- Reduce emissions.
- Advance our environmental technologies and awareness.
- Handle, store and dispose of hazardous materials correctly.
- Minimize wastes.
We will maintain environmental emergency plans and readiness in the event of accidental releases.
We will communicate with government regulators, local authorities and stakeholders regarding our environmental safeguards.