Commitment to Environmental Stewardship
Spray Lake Sawmills will conduct our Mill Site and forestry operations with the highest consideration to safeguard the environment, ensure due diligence and look for opportunities of continual improvement.
It is the responsibility of the Environmental Co-ordinator to:
- Communicate the requirements of the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, regulations and guidelines to the Ownership, Superintendents, Supervisors and Employees.
- Manage on site activities to meet or exceed the regulated requirements and conditions of our Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement approvals.
- Monitor emissions as outlined in our operating approval and regulatory requirements.
- Report and communicate with Alberta Environment and other regulatory agencies.
It is the responsibility of all Managers, Superintendents, Supervisors and Key Staff to ensure that:
- Daily activities of employees and contractors comply with the requirements of our operating approvals and the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act.
- Monitor operating emissions and ensure they conform to our operating approvals.
It is the responsibility of all Employees to:
- Look for potential environmental hazards and, notify company management of that hazard.
- Report any release.
We will be proactive to:
Minimize wastes by recycling, reducing, recovering and reusing wherever possible.
Advance our environmental technologies and awareness.
We will maintain environmental emergency plans and readiness in the event of emergencies.
We will communicate with government regulators, local authorities and stakeholders regarding our environmental safeguards.