Spray Lake Sawmills is committed to ensuring that employees are well trained in emergency response procedures.
Emergency response will include medical, environmental and fire emergencies.
We will meet and exceed all OH&S Codes in our emergency response programs.
Emergency response plans will be communicated to interested parties and community resources.
It is the responsibility of the Safety Coordinator to:
- Develop policies and procedures to respond to potential emergency situations. The plans will then be approved by Management, and reviewed with the Joint Work Site Health & Safety Committee.
- Organize and maintain an ongoing training and procedure review program and ensure that sufficient certified personnel are on site according to the regulations in the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
It is the responsibility of every Supervisor/Manager to:
- Ensure that employees under their control are trained in emergency response procedures.
- Ensure that contractors and visitors are made aware of emergency response procedures.
It is the responsibility of the employee to:
- Participate in training and understand emergency response procedures.