JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Spray Lake Sawmills is inviting all stakeholders to take part in a collaborative planning session
In an effort to provide additional opportunities for meaningful participation early in the operational planning process, Spray Lake Sawmills is offering a collaborative stakeholder planning session. Spray Lake Sawmills values stakeholder input and wants to provide opportunities for collaboration to improve operational plans.
The McLean Creek Planning Session will be held on April 26, 2017 at the Spray Lake Sawmills office in Cochrane, starting at 9:00 AM until approximately 12:00 PM. Please see the attached compartment map for location details.
If you would like to contribute to the planning process but are unable to make the session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and alternative arrangements can be made.
If you are interested in participating, please RSVP to email@example.com by April 17, 2017.
The following topics will be addressed:
- Identification of stakeholder values in the area
- Specific values (campgrounds, trails, grazing, etc.)
- General values (water quality, wildlife, etc.)
- Spray Lake Sawmill’s harvesting objectives
- Mountain Pine Beetle, forest management plan, wildfire mitigation, etc.
- Forest management tools used in harvest design
- Preliminary harvest area and road design
- Mitigation strategies to address stakeholder concerns
- Additional topics (harvest timing, access, etc.)
Please note: These sessions are scheduled for planning upcoming harvest operations for specific compartments. This is not an appropriate venue for discussing broad forest management practices such as Operating Ground Rules, land use planning or concerns outside of the indicated compartments. Please contact Spray Lake Sawmills at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We look forward to seeing you at the session.