Spray Lake Sawmills (SLS) is inviting stakeholders to take part in a collaborative planning session for the Burnt Timber and Sullivan Creek compartments.
In an effort to provide opportunities for meaningful participation, early in the operational planning process, SLS is offering a collaborative stakeholder planning session. SLS values stakeholder input and wants to provide opportunities for collaboration to improve operational plans.
There will be 2 sessions, one for each compartment.
The Burnt Timber planning session will be held on April 28, 2015 at the Spray Lake Sawmills office in Cochrane, starting at 10:00 AM until approximately 5:00 PM. Lunch to be provided. Please click on ‘MAP’ below to view the compartment map.
The Sullivan Creek planning session will be held on April 30, 2015 at the Spray Lake Sawmills office in Cochrane, starting at 10:00 AM until approximately 5:00 PM. Lunch to be provided. Please click on ‘MAP’ below to view the compartment map.
If you are interested in participating, please RSVP to email@example.com by April 27, 2015.
If you would like to contribute to the planning but are unable to make the session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and alternative arrangements can be made.
The following topics will be addressed in each session:
- Identification of stakeholder values in the area
- Specific values (ex: specific campground)
- General values (ex: water quality)
- Spray Lake Sawmill’s objectives of harvesting in the area
- Ex: Volume of timber, Mountain Pine Beetle, Forest Management Plan, Wildfire mitigation, etc….
- SLS and stakeholders will review SHS maps and discuss preliminary harvest areas
- Where possible SLS and stakeholders will draw preliminary harvest boundaries and roads
- Work together to develop mitigations
- Discuss harvest timing, access, and other issues
Please note; these sessions are specifically scheduled for planning upcoming harvest operations for their respective compartments. This is not an appropriate venue for discussing broad forest management practices such as Operating Ground Rules, land use planning or concerns outside of the indicated compartments. Please contact SLS at email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the session.